As you venture into the Southlands with your stalwart adventurers, you might come across some interesting little trinkets—or you could start your characters off with one! What follows is the start of a list of trinkets that we hope all of you out there in the wider Kobold community will add to over time! You can also find more inspiration from the upcoming Southlands project on the Southlands Kickstarter page.
- A rose water sprinkler made from ornately woven gold and agate contains a substance that does not smell like rose water. This liquid remains unidentified.
- This rare black calabash has red-hued seeds woven into the mesh around it. What the seeds are is anyone’s guess.
- This kawala is not crafted from reed, but instead appears to be made from the bones of a large avian creature.
- A black silk bag contains seven veils of hues that change color each sunset.
- A steed’s anklet crafted from jade has hieroglyphic warnings of dire things to come. The message is continued on the missing anklets of the set.
- This handheld mirror is cracked with one missing shard of glass. Each new moon, the missing shard appears, and voices singing unsettling songs emanate from it until the sun rises.
- This stone scarab is pure white unless in the presence of demonic beings, which is when it turns black.
- Three golden asymmetric hoop earrings, when interlocked in a certain pattern, form part of a metallic map.
- Dancing within this crystal vial is a belly dancer. A tiny drummer sits off to the side playing beats you cannot hear.
- Simply by holding this metallic ring over your mouth and blowing into it, you can breathe a gout of illusionary fire.
Please feel free to add your own trinkets to this list!