A Bridge to Another World
UPDATE Nov. 20: A major 5th Edition Midgard Kickstarter is coming soon! Keep an eye on Twitter, Facebook, and the blog…
Get the Midgard Campaign Setting in Print—or buy the PDF at DriveThruRPG or Paizo. It’s Pathfinder RPG compatible, but there’s enough system-neutral content to make it worth your gold for any RPG system!
Download the free Midgard Preview for Pathfinder, with an overview of Midgard, a ravenfolk PC race and sorcerer bloodline, art and maps, and Midgard fiction!
The Midgard Campaign Setting brings to life a world of dark fantasy drawn from the great European traditions. Here you’ll find ley lines and deep magic; the Western Waste’s giant, shambling horrors and magic-blasted landscapes; diabolical gnomes and the schemes of immortal Baba Yaga; wild, wind-riding elves and swashbuckling minotaur corsairs; the Mharoti Empire’s lethal assassins and exotic splendors; and the dragon-haunted crags of the icy Northlands.
The Midgard Campaign Setting book includes:
- Pathfinder and AGE System rules for gearforged, kobold, and minotaur PCs
- 26 new backgrounds, 3 new schools of magic and new specialties for AGE System
- New clerical domains including clockwork, moon, hunger and beer
- More than 50 kingdom write-ups, with new feats and traits for each region of Midgard
- New spells, magical items, and incantations
- New gear and weapons unique to the setting
- Ley line magic and the secrets of the shadow roads!
Get these Midgard adventures and sourcebooks in the Kobold Store:
- Midgard Campaign Setting in softcover — the foundation of the world, for a few less gp (Pathfinder)
- Midgard Bestiary for Pathfinder , 13th Age, AGE system and D&D 4th edition
- A free Midgard Preview with two short stories, and a new PC race for Pathfinder
- Blood Vaults of Sister Alkava, an adventure in the vampire principality (5e)
- Book of Drakes (Pathfinder)
- Courts of the Shadow Fey (Pathfinder and 4th Edition D&D)
- Dark Roads and Golden Hells planar sourcebook
- Defenders of Midgard player sourcebook (D&D 4th Edition)
- Halls of the Mountain King adventure in the dwarven cantons (Pathfinder)
- Imperial Gazetteer of the ghoul empire and vampire principality (Pathfinder and D&D 4th Edition D&D)
- Iron Gazetteer, sourcebook of of the dwarven cantons (4th Edition)
- Journeys to the West, with 5 adventures beyond Midgard’s western shores (Pathfinder)
- Kobold Quarterly magazine years One, Two, Three, Four and Five
- Midgard Adventures (Pathfinder)
- Midgard Legends, dramatic history and wondrous myths of Midgard
- Midgard Tales, 13 adventures that remake classic themes (Pathfinder)
- Northlands, sourcebook of the giant- and troll-haunted north (Pathfinder)
- Pirates of the Western Ocean (Pathfinder)
- Player’s Guides (Pathfinder)
- Sanctuary of Belches adventure in the Northlands (5e)
- Soldiers of Fortune military sourcebook (4th Edition)
- Southlands Campaign Setting, detailing Midgard’s deserts and jungles (Pathfinder)
- Streets of Zobeck gritty urban adventure anthology (Pathfinder)
- Sunken Empires sourcebook for seashore and underwater adventures, and lost technology (Pathfinder)
- Tales of the Old Margreve, adventure anthology in the deep, dark forest (Pathfinder)
- The Wreck of Volund’s Glory, a fast-paced adventure in the Wasted West (13th Age)
- Zobeck Gazetteer, the sourcebook of the Crossroads City (Pathfinder)
From the Northern fjords to the hidden tombs of the gnolls, from the raven-headed reavers to the ruins of the great mage-kingdoms: all of Midgard is yours!
About The Designers
Wolfgang Baur is the author of the Kobold Guides to Game Design and the designer of Courts of the Shadow Fey, Kingdom of the Ghouls, Fortress of the Stone Giants, Dark*Matter (with Monte Cook), and many others, including foundational work on Planescape, Al-Qadim, and Zobeck. He has contributed creatures great and small to the D&D canon, from the demon lord Doresain in the D&D cosmology to the Shining Children and others in the recent Bestiary 2. He edited Dragon Magazine and Dungeon Adventures and serves as the publisher of Kobold Quarterly. Baur is the creator and keeper of the flame for the Midgard campaign setting.
Jeff Grubb is a legendary world-builder, and has served as one of the co-founders of the Dragonlance and co-creators of the Forgotten Realms campaign settings. He is the author of 15 novels set in the Realms and Dragonlance, StarCraft, WarCraft, Star Wars and Guild Wars. He has written over 30 short stories and essays and over 100 game products of various types and sizes. He likes nothing more than to root around inside a new universe and figures out what makes it tick. He lives in Seattle with his wife and two cats.
Brandon Hodge broke into the field as a designer on Halls of the Mountain King, and followed up with the Open Design/Paizo project From Shore to Sea and Sunken Empires. He has contributed to Bestiary 2 for Pathfinder RPG and wrote Pathfinder Adventure Path #48: Shadows of Gallowspire. Hodge lives in Austin, Texas, where he haunts carnivals and flea markets, searching for the parents who abandoned him to the vagaries of the juvenile justice system. Someday he will return to the hobo tribe that raised him.