The gods of the North tremble! The Great Old Ones stir in their sleep! All of Midgard looks to the skies in wonder, for the long-awaited Midgard Campaign Setting is now available for pre-order in the Kobold Store . By popular demand you can ensure that you’ll receive the gorgeous, full color 296-page hardcover or softcover (plus PDF) when it arrives this October.
We’re also making a special offer on the Kobold Quarterly Facebook page through August 10: if you Like the page you’ll get a discount code for $5.00 off any purchase of the Midgard Campaign Setting, Midgard Bestiary or Zobeck Gazetteer.
The Midgard Campaign Setting brings to life a dark world of deep magic, with seven regions flavored by the folklore of Central and Eastern Europe plus a heady dose of weird fantasy. Lead designers Wolfgang Baur, Jeff Grubb and Brandon Hodge led the Open Design community in a two-year project to build a sprawling setting supported by adventures and sourcebooks compatible with Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Dungeons & Dragons, AGE System and more.
Midgard is ley line magic and warped alchemical experiments; the Western Waste’s giant, shambling horrors and magic-blasted landscapes; diabolical gnomes and the schemes of immortal Baba Yaga; wild, wind-riding elves and swashbuckling minotaur corsairs; the Mharoti Empire’s lethal assassins and exotic splendors; and the dragon-haunted crags of the icy Northlands.
The Midgard Campaign Setting includes:
- Pathfinder and AGE System rules for gearforged, kobold and minotaur PCs
- 26 new backgrounds, 3 new schools of magic and new specialties for AGE System
- New clerical domains including clockwork, moon, hunger and beer
- More than 50 kingdom write-ups, with new feats and traits for each region of Midgard
- New spells, magical items, and incantations
- New gear and weapons unique to the setting
- Ley line magic and the secrets of the shadow roads
The world is ready. Are you?