Kids play with toys, which means that toys can add a bit more flavor to your game. What sorts of toys might adventurers find while ransacking (or poking into) chests? You can roll randomly for a result below, or use the handy number provided with each entry to figure out your result on a d12. You can also pick the one that works for the area in which your characters currently linger.
- A life-sized halfling doll looks up at you from her bed.
- Square stones with glowing symbols on them litter the bottom of this chest. Maybe this is a game?
- Pieces of wood with chunks knocked out at regular intervals are scattered throughout the clothing in this chest. Each piece of wood has a word on it.
- A chest full of dolls and plush toys erupts into a stream of toys as something quickly escapes it.
- Coloring books fill this chest. Whoever colored in these books seemed to be troubled by something. There’s an awful lot of blood in the renderings. Various types of coloring implements are also in this chest.
- A costume with wings and very light, shimmering fabric has been lovingly folded and put into this chest.
- Soldiers crafted from bone are organized into trays in this chest.
- Every doll in this chest has no head.
- Toy swords form a bed upon which a golden ornamental dagger rests.
- All kinds of cheap and glittering jewelry catches your eye in this chest.
- Hand puppets with cruel or too-happy faces are arranged carefully in this chest.
- A broken hobby horse fills this chest.