Sometimes people and other things are hidden away and forgotten in oubliettes. What might adventurers discover when they find these spots? You can roll randomly for a result below, or use the handy number provided with each entry to figure out your result on a d12. You can also pick the one that works for the area in which your characters currently linger.
- This was probably not the best place to leave a dragon egg. Especially now that it has hatched.
- This forlorn human continuously mumbles, “I left that wand somewhere around here….”
- The number of centipedes in this oubliette confounds you. How did this come about?
- Many, many dead imps are rotting in this oubliette. At the bottom of the rot is a halfling skeleton who might have once been a cleric.
- The bottom of this oubliette is, unfortunately for any who fall into it, the mouth to something large and hungry.
- The words scrawled on the walls of this oubliette are simultaneously rude and funny. In fact, you cannot stop laughing. At all.
- This has got to be the cleanest pit you’ve ever seen. It positively sparkles. What is going on here?
- Someone seems to have something against ducks. There are a lot of them in this oubliette.
- Tiny little hats fill this oubliette. If stirred, tiny little angry ghosts form up under each hat.
- This oubliette is lined in mirrors. The most recent victim of this hole seems to have scratched her own eyes out.
- A parchment note in the oubliette proclaims this in rounded and fancy writing: “You seem to have a defective oubliette, my dear. Anyone you put into it is rescued by the Queen of the Fey.”
- The ragged scholar at the bottom of this oubliette has scrawled star charts all over the walls with her own blood. She has also created star charts on her own flesh with a rusty needle. Looking at both the walls and her at the same time leave you with an unsettling feeling, and you’re certain you see an alien intelligence gleaming in this elf’s eyes.