What could be more innocuous and innocent than a child’s rattle? Well, it depends on the rattle and the child. You can roll randomly for a result below, or use the handy number provided with each entry to figure out your result on a d12. You can also pick the one that works for the area in which your characters currently linger.
- The joyfully colored terracotta rattle has a skull motif subtly woven into the pattern of hues.
- This rattle is shaped like the skull of a horned creature. Dried blood adds a macabre touch to the horns.
- This crystal rattle contains bright gemstones on the inside.
- The bronze rattle has a set of small openings that allow you to see the glowing purple stone within it.
- Someone crafted a monstrous orb out of silver. Its single middle eye can open and close based on the rattle’s motion.
- It looks like a shrunken humanoid skull is the basis of this rattle. Eyeball-like marbles rattle within it.
- The wooden rattle is shaped like a pig.
- The size of this rattle indicates that it might belong to a giant or other large creature. Other than that, it’s unremarkable.
- Stars are marked on this crystal rattle, and the rattling element inside is a replica of your world.
- A supple, transparent sphere of solidified air contains tiny flames of different hues that, when they hit the side of the sphere, ring out with different notes and switch colors.
- Permanent ice forms this rattle, and inside are spheres of hematite. The rattle is cold to the touch.
- This rattle is actually a snowglobe on a stick, and inside is your favorite place to simply rest up between adventures. The “snow” seems to be very fiery and ashy in nature, however. Is someone trying to tell you something?