As many of us consider tomorrow’s feast here in the United States, it might also be fun to consider what you might find in that pot that’s boiling in the kitchen of whatever edifice the adventurers are within. You can roll randomly for a result below, or use the handy number provided with each entry to figure out your result on a d12. You can also pick the one that works for the area in which your characters currently linger.
- Eyeballs. Of course. And of all kinds!
- Iridescent feathers are currently boiling in the water. Weird.
- A miniature dolphin is leaping in the water, seemingly perfectly comfortable with the temperature.
- Someone threw a dagger into the water. Bits of flesh seem to be simmering away in the water, too.
- That isn’t water. It’s too thick. It also smells of camphor.
- Soap bubbles are frothing at the top of the water. One drifts up into the air and pops, sending forth a wave of pure emotion. Each bubble’s pop features a different emotion, which lasts for 30 seconds—or until the next bubble pops.
- The water is actually a bright purple. A scaled hand slowly rises out of it.
- Someone is boiling peppermint-scented white wax.
- You find five pieces of metal, all of different shapes, plus one key. The pieces might fit together somehow, but there might also be a piece missing.
- Someone dumped a bunch of red roses into the pot, vase and all. The parchment note from it floats on top: “I’m so sorry, my dear. Forgive me? –V” Apparently there’s no forgiveness here?
- This might actually be an attempt at pralines. But the nuts are unusual—they are glowing red.
- The fire under the pot has tiny fire elementals waving at you. “Free us!”