When setting up ritual circles, some practitioners place objects of importance. You can roll randomly for a result below, or use the handy number provided with each entry to figure out your result on a d12. You can also pick the one that works for the area in which your characters currently linger.
- The triangle in the center has three skulls: one halfling, one gnome, and one bugbear.
- Four miniature floating stones hover at waist height. Each cycles from ruby to sapphire to emerald to diamond every four seconds.
- A viscous substance shaped like a bubble encases the inside of the circle. It shimmers with colors and sparkles in the light.
- Six bone daggers are standing on tip inside the circle.
- Rose petals fill the circle. A single perfect black rose is growing from the ground in the center of the circle.
- Someone placed a brass door knocker in the center of the circle. Does it open a door?
- Twenty human hands are dancing in the circle.
- The center of the circle contains hot lava. Above it hovers a water elemental that is slowly steaming away. It seems unhappy to be there.
- A beautiful kobold stands still within the circle, apparently frozen in mid-gesture. You are enthralled by its beauty.
- The air in the circle is filled with so many butterflies that you can’t really see through this cloud of colorful wings!
- Words hover in the air in the circle. “Complete the ritual, and you will be rewarded. Fail to do so, and the curse of this place will follow you eternally.”
- A mouse dressed in flowing robes blinks at you and squeaks, “Have you seen my spectacles?”