That strongbox in the alchemist’s quarters is truly enticing. What’s in it? You can roll randomly for a result below, or use the handy number provided with each entry to figure out your result on a d12. You can also pick the one that works for the area in which your characters currently linger.
- A collection of hatpins featuring every deity’s symbol known to even the scholar of the most obscure religions is displayed in tray after tray within the box. Some symbols are unknown—maybe dead gods?
- Frilly gloves and soft stockings fill the strongbox, along with several crystal stoppered bottles of what might be perfume. But are they really perfume?
- The box contains a tiny village. Little stars glow on the inside lid of the trunk, and the village is fully lit. You can see tiny people looking out the windows of their abodes. Are they alarmed?
- The strongbox contains a collection of legal documents, including deeds, writs, and more. Each one seems to name a different person within them.
- A note on ivory parchment rests within the box, saying, “I will return your precious belongings after you return mine.”
- The strongbox contains sand, which forms into a roughly humanoid being within moments. “How may I serve you?” it asks.
- This alchemist seems to be collecting a lot of human teeth.
- Vials with liquids of every hue greet your eyes—all laid out in a way that lets you see the range of colors and that none have labels. One vial with a violet-hued liquid is leaking. You see tendrils of light violet fog reaching up toward you.
- The plant living within the box lets out an unearthly scream of anguish and starts thrashing around, whipping thorny tendrils at you.
- Cute little kittens blink up at you, then leap for freedom. Once outside the box, they change into statues.
- A swarm of dragonflies swirls out of the box and heads toward the nearest exit in a shimmering cloud.
- You’re not entirely sure why this box contains dark, moist earth. A hint of white bone catches your eye.