As part of the Open Design projects that I design, I generally write a set of essays. Some of these have been collected (with contributors from others) into the Kobold Guide to Game Design series.
For Courts of the Shadow Fey, I have a set of topics chosen ahead of time, though I’m open to suggestions from the patrons, of course. Here’s the list so far….
- Basic Design Principles and Philosophy
- Campaign Structures: Building a Narrative
- Design Failures and Recovery
- Location as a Design Tool
- Optimizing Design for Roleplay
- Sandbox Design Core Principles
Like these? Prefer some other topics? Sign up as a patron and I’ll get right on it!
Note: The project doors will close for Courts of the Shadow Fey on Thursday, October 8th.