If the characters wander into areas where the temptation of a jewelry box exists, they might just look into the box. You can roll randomly for a result below, or use the handy number provided with each entry to figure out your result on a d12. You can also pick the one that works for the area in which your characters currently linger.
- A delicate silver chain of bells chimes merrily with any motion of the box—to the point that any movement causes it to make a sound.
- Two glass figures were dancing around each other amid strands of gold chain. They have now stopped to look up at you, seemingly annoyed.
- Metallic rings of every hue are scattered in the box. Each ring has a different word on it.
- Sparkling dust fills the box, then forms up into a cheerfully grinning snowman within moments of opening.
- A woven strand of dark and silver hair is the sole object in this box. Upon being placed on someone’s wrist, the wearer’s hair changes to long and lustrous black hair with dramatic streaks of silver flowing from each temple.
- A necklace of sparkling ice rests within the box. It is very cold to the touch.
- A piece of parchment states the following in a flowing hand, with images of rude gestures doodled in the margins: “Dear Unworthy and Exceedingly Unpleasant Noble ‘Person’: You may find it inconvenient to be without your shinies, but tough. Be more generous in your dealings with everyone else for the next year and you may just find your heirloom sparklies returned to you. May. Also, nobody is fooled by your fake hair. Really.”
- The box loves your fingers. It also has sharp teeth and terribly bad breath.
- The crystal box blinks with silvery lights held within it. Upon opening it, small humanoids with wings flitter forth, their wings flashing silver at random intervals.
- A silver hairpin rests within the box. Dried blood darkens its sharp tip.
- Loose gemstones fill the box. When touched, they stir and start forming a pattern. Perhaps, with thought, you can create your own necklace or bracelet from the loose gems? But how long will such an enchanted pattern hold?
- Someone placed a miniature unicorn’s horn within this box.