In need of a few details for that apothecary shoppe? Or maybe the scary necromancer’s lab? Perhaps one or more of the twelve suggestions below will suit your campaign. You can roll randomly for a result below, use the handy number provided with each entry to figure out your result on a d12. You can also pick the one that works for the area in which your characters currently linger.
- Maybe you shouldn’t have shaken that jar up to see the fireflies glow because, well, they’re glowing, appearing outside the jar, and starting to grow into rather large and angry creatures.
- Is it possible for a mummy’s head to be that small?
- The jar has gold glitter. Wait. It’s green glitter. Wait! It’s blue glitter! (GMs can continue the spectrum.)
- The label on the jar says the following: “Open for hugs!!!” The jar appears to be empty.
- Two tiny humanoid figures dance around and around the jar, spinning and cavorting merrily.
- The jar trembles, darkness flares within it, two blue eyes glow briefly, and then the jar appears to be empty again.
- There is no lid on this jar, which is labeled as follows: “Do not open. World-destroying angel inside.”
- Centipedes. You think. Maybe millipedes. Or both? Is that a bone in the middle of the jar? And how do they survive without air?
- Hair of every hue fills the jar.
- The label says this: “Miniaturized unicorn horns!” They are the size of toothpicks. Were the unicorns miniaturized or just the horns?
- The large jar contains slime trails, bits of terrain and wet plant matter, and a label proclaiming: “Invisible snail habitat: Be wary! They eat toes!”
- A tiny adorable mammal of some sort with big sad eyes, a tiny little dark snout, and gray fur shivers inside the otherwise-empty jar, which has holes in it. The label on the outside reads as follows: “Do not expose to darkness.”