What components will you find in the wizard’s bag? You can roll randomly for a result below, or use the handy number provided with each entry to figure out your result on a d12. You can also pick the one that works for the area in which your characters currently linger.
- Three crystallized humanoid eyeballs. You can see something dancing inside the pupil of each eyeball — is it trapped?
- A giant’s toenail. You have no words for how disgusting it is.
- A medal from a military leader that resembles the icon for the deity of death.
- Five bones wrapped with different-hued ribbons. Each ribbon is made from different fabric, and each one causes you to smell or taste something unsavory when you touch it.
- The scales from a mermaid. When you look at them, you lose track of time. (Roll 1d4 for minutes (1), hours (2), days (3), or weeks (4). Roll another 1d4 for how many of those increments the adventurer loses—unless interrupted and brought to yourself via means the GM can determine.)
- Three doorknobs of unusual materials: one is ebon black and seems to absorb light, another is crystal clear and chimes when touched, and the third is a murky gray that vibrates constantly.
- The stingers from various stinging insects. A failed check for Dexterity means that the adventurer is pricked by one of the stingers. (GMs, choose your favorite poison.)
- Dried flower buds, each touched with a drop of blood (also now dried). (If the buds have new blood, they bloom again and imbue the user with a temporary beneficial effect of the GM’s choosing.)
- Two vials with green glowing goo within them. You think you hear voices when you touch the vials.
- An elaborate perfume mister that contains sparkling, floral-scented perfume. When sprayed upon a person, that person sparkles even in complete darkness.
- A rubber-like ball with swirls of blue and purple. When bounced, it lights up, squeals, causes everyone seeing the ball to giggle, or has some other random effect.
- Opening the bag summons forth the ghost of the former owner. “Do not read the scrap of parchment within! Best burn it. The rest, I don’t care about.” The ghost disappears. The thrice-folded parchment within says, “The true name of the Dread Assassin is Greta Fireflicker. Knowing this makes you her next target.”