The room around you has a silencing effect. What now-quiet items might you find within it, and what effects do they have when removed from the room? You can roll randomly for a result below, or use the handy number provided with each entry to figure out your result on a d12. You can also pick the one that works for the area in which your characters currently linger.
- The flute plays the same song over and over again. Each note resonates within your head, causing pain.
- The windchimes move though no wind is present. The mellow sounds of their chimes bring back memories that make you ache with anguish and despair.
- The tiny little winged humanoid in the cage smiles at you and sings. And won’t stop.
- The music box plays a melody that creates deep lethargy within you.
- The rather dull gray rock vibrates. Over time, it shatters everything that is crafted from glass or crystal within 20 ft. of it.
- The drum is crafted from human and halfling parts. Every few seconds, a quick series of beats resonate outward, creating insatiable hunger in all those who hear the drum.
- The jar of insects contains iridescent purple dragonflies. Removing the jar from the room of silence allows you to hear individual voices, calling for help.
- The listless human female sleeping on a pillow in this room watches you with wary eyes. If taken out of the room, she starts wailing in a manner similar to a banshee.
- The book, when taken from the room, starts talking. It’s saying every negative thing you’ve ever thought about yourself.
- The crystalline bell, when removed from the room, rings out with one note even if stilled. Upon hearing it, you are beset by a panic attack.
- The bone necklace with teeth upon it chatters. You can hear a mix of languages and creature sounds emanating from it, but you never quite make out what creatures or even any of the words.
- The scroll repeats these words endlessly, “Seek out the Gilded Glade and place me upon the pedestal.”