Sometimes adventurers end up going down the well. What else might they find down there aside from whatever purpose (or unhappy accident) they sought. You can roll randomly for a result below, or use the handy number provided with each entry to figure out your result on a d12. You can also pick the one that works for the area in which your characters currently linger.
- Tumbled glass fills the bottom of this well. Every hue is represented. But, are these things starting to jump around you now?
- Glowing runes illuminate the area with light. Any who know the language discover that someone really hated this location — all sorts of obscenities are spelled out via the runes.
- A glowing, bouncing ball starts to try to lead you down a passage leading away from the well’s bottom.
- A series of crude dolls are sitting, facing you, around the edge of the well. Their bead eyes glitter in any available light.
- The bottom is muddy. So muddy, that you start sinking. You feel something brush past your leg, too.
- A tiny kitten mews at you.
- Bones from around the area start skittering toward each other.
- Wait. Is this well actually a throat?
- A gnarled wooden staff sticks out of the mud at the bottom of the well. It appears as if a snake is continuously slithering up and down the staff.
- Every step you take is accompanied by a loud sigh.
- You find a collection of chalices set within the wall at regular intervals.
- A very confused-looking hippo is down here.