Your adventurers are no stranger to weapons, most likely, and they might encounter weapon racks as they venture through the world. But not all weapon racks are straightforward and, well, dull. You can roll randomly for a result below, or use the handy number provided with each entry to figure out your result on a d12. You can also pick the one that works for the area in which your characters currently linger.
- Someone tied colorful ribbons to the hafts of the weapons on this rack. Each ribbon has a glittery name on it.
- One of the weapons has a hollow handle filled with wasps. You’re pretty sure they’re trapped inside that handle. Pretty sure.
- The horses engraved on the blade of one of the swords in the rack seem to move.
- Each weapon on the rack sends out a chime every few minutes.
- Someone put away weapons before cleaning them. You think you can see glimmering blue blood on the haft of an axe. What would have glimmering blue blood? And why does it smell like strawberries in that area?
- One of the weapons suddenly moves and changes into a tiny creature that scurries off.
- You thought the rack was empty, but the weapons are actually invisible. (GMs: How the PCs discover this could be a noisy affair.)
- Bells. Each of the weapons have bells on them.
- As you watch, each of the weapons in the rack switches to another type of weapon. It does so again within a few minutes.
- You cannot actually remove these weapons, which all have a dark purple sheen to the parts crafted from metal.
- You’re not entirely sure whether the metal of these weapons has a coating of gold glitter or if the weapon is crafted from compressed gold glitter.
- One of the weapons calls out to you, “Pssst. Hey, you wanna help me get away from these other idiots?”