Games of chance are not uncommon at organized wandering festivals, which might also put unusual creatures such as mermaids and manticores on display; provide new and unusual food and drink for imbibing, and so much more. Sometimes, though, adventurers walk away with more than they might expect when they win a prize. You can roll randomly for a result below, or use the handy number provided with each entry to figure out your result on a d12. You can also pick the one that works for the area in which your characters currently linger.
- The doll you are handed looks remarkably like the local leader — and it might explain why this person is suffering from headaches given the number of needles sticking out of the doll’s head.
- This glimmering sphere of light starts talking to you, and you REALLY don’t like what it has to say about you. How is this a prize?
- The bag of candy you just won contains individually wrapped goodies that state their flavors: chocolate, raspberry, cherry, seaweed, tuna, and more. Some…don’t taste like their labels state. Distractingly so, in fact, at times. But never “bad” per se. Just…weird. And curious. And you’re SURE that one of these pieces of candy will taste like ambrosia.
- You’re not quite sure what to do with the miniature octopus in a glass tank.
- The handwritten note states that you are owed a smile by a medusa. Unfortunately, the medusa seems to be dealing with difficulties from the last town this troupe entered.
- You have gained a free reading of the cards by the fortuneteller!
- A single fire-glazed mug has a mermaid on it, swimming in the waves. When salt water is poured into it, it changes the water to fresh water — but not for an unlimited number of times, so drink with caution.
- The “bug farm” you received actually looks more like a tiny people farm. Didn’t you just meet some of these people in the last town you were in?
- The fur cloak you just won supposedly came from a manticore. It also glows in the dark.
- This wand is clear and seems to contain a bunch of blinking eyes inside it.
- You have earned a free attempt at the Goo Pit. Maybe you’ll win the grand prize there. The grand prize is awesome and wondrous and…nobody will say what it is.
- Bouncing this glowing rubber ball prize you received once sent it shooting into the sky. You’re not sure it’s coming down.