Festivals require a certain amount of preparation, but what happens if that preparation ends? More importantly, what caused it to end, and can the adventurers help start the preparations again? If you want to roll randomly for one, use the handy number provided with each entry to figure out your result on a d12. You can also pick the one that works for the area in which your characters currently linger.
- The unfortunate tendency of the ceiling to flicker to a gaping, tooth-filled maw seems to have stopped—but now that maw is permanent.
- It’s a shame when the water fixtures transition to solid aquamarine. Plus the entire water supply seems to have made that same transition. How are you going to keep people hydrated in those conditions?
- The entire pixie population of Everywhere in Existence and a Few Places Besides decided to visit.
- The frequency of “You Will Die in THIS Horrible Manner” notes has increased. Also, the deaths are more descriptive than ever before. Unless you’re celebrating the ascendancy of the god of death or its ilk, this tends to be a bit of a downer.
- All the languages have changed. What was once Common is now some obscure dialect of a long-forgotten race that thrived in darker times. Or the language of the fish in the waters south of here. Or some other interesting but problematical language. Everyone speaks and reads a different language than any other person in the immediate area.
- Stone in this area somehow morphed into shaped snow—and it’s melting fast.
- Walking on the ceilings is fun for a bit, but it does tend to get in the way of proper festivity preparations.
- The ongoing off-key rendition of the inchworm song has increased in volume and is now on its fifth day of ceaseless repetition.
- Everyone is shrinking.
- Perhaps the alchemist needs to take a vacation: The lotion that was all the rage last week seems to have turned everyone purple-skinned with glowing red eyes. Also, everyone’s hair is turning into varying shades of crystalline matter—except for the poor alchemist’s partner, whose hair now stands straight out and seems to be lit in a variety of everchanging colors.
- There are now two of everyone. Oh, the confusion!
- The spirits of everyone’s family are now joining in on the preparations. Well, they’re trying. They have very specific ideas of how those festivities should go, and they don’t really match up with the current generation’s wishes.