Amid the luminescent tide pools of the shore, adventurers might have their attention snagged by something a bit unexpected as they walk by at night. You can roll randomly for a result below, or use the handy number provided with each entry to figure out your result on a d12. You can also pick the one that works for the area in which your characters currently linger.
- The lifeforms in the tide pool form a symbol commonly associated with pain.
- Several tiny dolphin-like creatures are leaping from one tide pool to another—even over long distances.
- Each tide pool dims as it sounds out a note. If you listen long enough, you can hear the symphony of the tide pools.
- Tiny fish give off the light in the tide pool. They move in a way that is very reminiscent of a human face making different expressions, such as shock, laughter, and more.
- As you watch, the tide pool shimmers, and seafolk start coming out of it. Each one is armed with a variety of very nasty weapons.
- The water in the tide pool is not actually water. It seems to be more of an ooze.
- Bubbles form at the bottom of the pool, drift upward, and hit the air. As they drift upward, a tiny projectile pops the bubble.
- The lights in the tide pool form a specific constellation, but one star is missing. Each tide pool is the same. (GM Option: Maybe the missing stars, when put together, mean something?)
- Someone placed floating candles in each of the glowing tide pools. A tiny metal trinket floats along with each candle — an offering to a long-dead god of light and lore.
- Each night, the locals say, someone leaves a human head in one of the pools. Nobody knows who the victims are.
- Tiny buildings form in the pools. You can see little people moving around these buildings.
- The nearby alchemist likes to use water from the tide pools, but dislikes collecting it herself. When the pool smells like freshly baked bread, she says, that’s when the water can be collected for her special potions.