Living caves might have some interesting and somewhat permanent odd features in them. You can roll randomly for a result below, or use the handy number provided with each entry to figure out your result on a d12. You can also pick the one that works for the area in which your characters currently linger.
- A stack of scroll cases jut out from a stalagmite. You could potentially pry them open.
- Someone inscribed a love poem in this stalagmite, though it ends with a rather potent curse—as if the writer changed his or her mind at the very end.
- Teeth of all kinds are embedded in this stalagmite.
- A cage has been formed in this stalagmite. Inside it is a fey creature who is sleeping.
- Every single stalagmite in this area looks exactly the same.
- This stalagmite glows and sparkles from within.
- Strange little insects scurry over this stalagmite, and they appear to be eating it. You see no other stalagmites around, though plenty of stalactites hang overhead.
- The stalagmite asks you if you are its mommy.
- This stalagmite has the symbol for every deity but one on it.
- Someone has placed a bronze bowl with fruit at the base of this stalagmite. The fruit shimmers faintly.
- Someone carved eyes, a moustache, and a mouth into this stalagmite. The nose that juts forth is a carrot.
- You see five kobolds circling the stalagmite, worshiping it. You think you see the faint form of an egg within that stalagmite. What’s going on here?