Not everything a person gives you is benign, but then again, not everything someone gives you is tricksy! Today’s column honors the practice of venturing forth to gain candy while dressed up in costume. Or simply celebrating the day of the dead! The duration of some of the effects can vary as the GM wishes. You can roll randomly for a result below, or use the handy number provided with each entry to figure out your result on a d12. You can also pick the one that works for the area in which your characters currently linger.
- The toffee tastes sweet but causes your eyes to pop out and back in at random moments. You don’t really notice this, but everyone else does.
- The maple candy has a bug preserved within it. You have the sense that it’s still alive. And intelligent.
- The taffy grants you the ability to hear everything within a mile for a few minutes.
- This brown hard candy tastes like peppermint but causes your hair to grow down to your feet within a few moments.
- The cinnamon-ginger chew makes you fleet of foot. Too bad you can’t seem to stop moving now!
- The chocolate shaped like a flower contains a caramel center. Now everything you eat seems to taste like candy.
- The bit of rock candy attracts every fey creature within a five-mile radius. You’re not sure why.
- The candy that is decorated to look like an eyeball blinks at you.
- This purple ball of sugar tastes like the hottest and sweetest bit of delight you’ve ever had. And now you are drawn to fire like a moth.
- After chewing this piece of honey-flavored candy, you may now speak with the bees.
- The little skull-shaped bits of sugar each have something interesting to say to you. Macabre, but interesting.
- The licorice seems to never end. In fact, it seems to be emanating from a portal. Dare you follow it?