A cheerful red door allows entry for only small creatures. What will you find behind it? You can roll randomly for a result below, or use the handy number provided with each entry to figure out your result on a d12. You can also pick the one that works for the area in which your characters currently linger.
- A small closet filled with shelves that contain vases filled with cut flowers of every kind. Sunlight beams down from above.
- Dancing mummies that stand about 5 inches high move around a smooth golden pyramid. A wooden framework around the pyramid allows them to dance their way up the steps and slide down the surface of the pyramid, where they once again take their places in line.
- Neatly labelled dolls rest amid chairs of every fashion imaginable—including bone thrones—meet your eyes in this 10-by-10-ft. room. You see a small table in the middle of the small room that holds a wide variety of pins and darts. Some of the dolls seem to have pins and darts stuck through them.
- A wall with a mural that features…you! The artistic use of watercolors is astounding and really brings you to life—perhaps literally since the art is now moving.
- A spherical object hovers in front of you, reflecting everything around it on its surface. It looks like a very large drop of liquid mercury.
- Vines reach out for you, seeking to entangle you in their foliage. The scent from their flowers is overwhelming and peace-inducing. Surely it won’t hurt to rest a bit here?
- An empty wheelchair starts creaking toward you from across this otherwise bare, stone room.
- Colorful points of light dance through the air to a chiming and lively song in this otherwise pitch black room. Each mote of light shoots through you, changing you into its color for a few seconds before the next one of a different hue follows suit. (GMs are welcome to have each color provide a boon or curse that suits the area. The key is shutting the door quickly when the wished-upon effect is gained.)
- Mists await you, obscuring your view. You hear the cry of a wolf in the distance. This door seems to lead to some outdoor space.
- The room in front of you has angles that make your brain hurt. Something peers at you from one of these angles, but your mind can’t quite catch what it is.
- Stepping through this door shrinks you to a miniscule size, enabling you to see the world contained within what you thought was an otherwise boring 5-by-5-ft. room. The red door has become your distant horizon.
- There is no floor here, nor a ceiling. A gust of wind shoots upward every few moments. Perhaps it will take you with it to some other location?