Colorful street magicians perform sleight of hand and even arcane tricks for the enjoyment of others. If you need to add a bit of dimension to such a character, perhaps add something unusual to the magician’s pouch, but consider giving the adventurers a quick glimpse of some of these! You can roll randomly for a result below, or use the handy number provided with each entry to figure out your result on a d12. You can also pick the one that works for the area in which your characters currently linger.
- You see the magician snag a flower that changes colors from someone’s hair as she passes by. She tucks it into her pouch.
- A bat pokes its head out of the pouch, then ducks back into it.
- At the end of the act, the magician pops a pill out of his pouch and swallows it. A few seconds later, his hair and skin turns bright blue. Anyone he touches also turns blue.
- Opening the pouch causes a series of symbols to float upward through the air. These golden rebuses are uncanny in that they are noting things that just happened to you yesterday.
- The magician pulls a golden statue of a big-bellied human out, rubs its bald head, then tucks it back into the pouch.
- The pouch looks misshapen. It’s holding something large and triangular. Occasionally you hear deep-voiced language coming from the pouch that shift languages every fourth word.
- Several bracelets consisting of noisy chimes and bells are in the pouch.
- Someone collects miniature garden gnome statues.
- The magician’s hair sparkles due to hairpins featuring glinting stones of all hues. The pouch contains more of these hairpins.
- Clattering teeth march out of the pouch, jockeying for position.
- A human hand, severed but cauterized, is in the pouch. It makes a rude gesture at you.
- Someone put foul yellow slime in this pouch. When it makes contact with the skin of elves of any kind, it changes colors to bright green and smells like roses.