Adventure In a Dark World of Deep Magic!
It is an age of war. Civilization slowly gives way to encroaching wilderness, and once-mighty empires now lie beneath the waves. Only magic and the warmth of hope keeps lights aglow when dread things prowl, and priestly wardings are bent by demonic rage.
The omens are dire. The roads to the shadow realm are open again, and the fey have returned to claim their ancient tribute. In the north the giants prepare for Ragnarok, while the goblins in the west grow restless. In the Crossroads, the shadow of the vampire princes falls across the land. The World Serpent is stirring—and not even all-knowing Baba Yaga can say what will happen next.
Now more than ever, Midgard needs heroes to stand against the dark, driving it back with spell, steel, and cunning!
The 460-page Midgard Worldbook for 5th Edition hardcover and PDF includes:
- Detailed description of Midgard’s empires, cities, and kingdoms, with associated heraldry, rulers, and adventure hooks for each state, large or small
- Characters from Baba Yaga to the lords of the Dragon Empire, from the honest folk of Zobeck to various elven holdouts of Dornig and the vampire lords of Morgau
- Full lore on the pantheons of the Northlands, Crossroads, Elves, and others, including divine domain lists, rituals, divine demands, and the various masks and sacred texts—plus rituals and ambitions of the Dark Gods, for the GM’s eyes alone!
- Revised and expanded lore of the planes, history, calendars, and conflicts of the world
- Forbidden lore of blood magic, void magic, and various dooms and items not meant for players’ eyes!
- And much more!
Fully compatible with the 5th Edition of the world’s first roleplaying game!
meme bastard –
ever since 5th edition released, i had noticed a stark leanness of lore from wotc. having been previously exposed to rich lore from 3rd and 2nd edition, my appetite could not be satiated… UNTIL NOW! when this book came in the mail, i did a little happy dance. i have not read even a fraction of the world book and i am just enraptured by the strange and dangerous world kobold press put together. the lore is designed not to bog down with a long, detailed, tedious history – but a timeline with brevity in mind, descriptions of cultures, power struggles, backstabbers, depraved villains, SO many adventure hooks. the writing and art are so top-notch that i found myself totally engrossed word after word, page after page. this being a mature, dark fantasy setting done WELL, has me wanting to read the whole thing in one sitting! i can’t wait to read more!