The World Is Ready. Are You?
Deep in an ancient forest, a trembling young woman enters the clearing where a ramshackle hut crouches on birds legs.
Far below the earth, a caravan of kobold merchants passes through a stone archway carved with the faces of leering ghouls.
High atop a northern mountain, a dwarf grips his battle-axe and gazes over the rim of the world toward whatever fate the gods have in store for him.
This is Midgard, and its gates are now open.
The Midgard Campaign Setting brings to life a dark world of deep magic, with seven regions flavored by the folklore of Central and Eastern Europe plus a heady dose of weird fantasy. Lead designers Wolfgang Baur, Jeff Grubb and Brandon Hodge led the Open Design community in a two-year project to build a sprawling setting supported by adventures and sourcebooks compatible with the Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Dungeons & Dragons, AGE System, and more.
Midgard is ley line magic and warped alchemical experiments; the Western Wastes giant, shambling horrors and magic-blasted landscapes; diabolical gnomes and the schemes of immortal Baba Yaga; wild, wind-riding elves and swashbuckling minotaur corsairs; the Mharoti Empires lethal assassins and exotic splendors; and the dragon-haunted crags of the icy Northlands.
The Midgard Campaign Setting 296-page book includes:
- Pathfinder RPG and AGE System rules for gearforged, kobold, and minotaur PCs
- 26 new backgrounds, 3 new schools of magic, and new specialties for AGE System
- New clerical domains including clockwork, moon, hunger, and beer
- More than 50 kingdom write-ups, with new feats and traits for each region of Midgard
- New spells, magical items, and incantations
- New gear and weapons unique to the setting
- Ley line magic and the secrets of the shadow roads!
From the Northern fjords to the hidden tombs of the gnolls, from the raven-headed reavers to the ruins of the great mage-kingdoms: all of Midgard is yours!
Lead Designers: Wolfgang Baur, Jeff Grubb, and Brandon Hodge
Cartographers: Jonathan Roberts, official cartographer of George R.R. Martin’s Westeros, with Lucas Haley and Sean Macdonald
Artists: Aaron Miller, Blanca Martinez de Rituerto, Christophe Swal, Hugo Solis, Jason Rainville, Rick Hershey, Marc Radle, Malcolm McClinton, Pat Loboyko, Steve Wood, and Darren Calvert
Editor: Michele Carter
With playtest, review, brainstorming, and commentary by the project patrons, this is a world that has been through the fires of creation to make a stronger steel.
PDF Delivery Note: The PDF download will be sent in a separate email from the order confirmation. Please allow 24 hours for the PDF code to arrive (though it is usually much faster).
The Midgard Setting
Fill Midgard with your own creations, and supplement it with these great Midgard adventures and sourcebooks:
- Courts of the Shadow FeyA planar adventure with rules for status and dueling
- Dark Roads and Golden Hells A sourcebook for mind-bending planar adventure
- Imperial Gazetteer The dark lands where ghoul and vampire lords rule
- Midgard Bestiary Monsters your players have never seen!
- Northlands A sourcebook for reavers, raiders and adventures at the top of the world
- Streets of Zobeck Gritty adventures on the mean streets, nominated for 2012 ENnie Award for Best Adventure
- Sunken Empires Seashore adventures and lost technology
- Tales of the Old Margreve Midgard meets the Deep Dark Forest of legend
- Zobeck Gazetteer The essential guide to the Crossroads City forged in the fires of revolution
Dungeons & Dragons
- Courts of the Shadow Fey
- Imperial Gazetteer
- Iron Gazetteer An introduction to Midgards dwarves and the dwarven cantons
- The Lost City A desert ruin hides ancient dangers, and impossible treasures.
- Soldiers of Fortune Rules for warfare and military-themed RPG campaigns in Midgard
- Midgard Bestiary for AGE 50 monsters your AGE players have never seen!
There are no reviews yet.