A new seven-island, 6-adventure anthology is underway from Open Design! Set sail from Barsella, the City at the Edge of the world, home of adventurers and pirates, and explore the vast, uncharted waters of the Midgard campaign settings Western Ocean.
Discover the lush paradise known as the Isle of Morphoi, where the goddess of Memory seeks lost secrets through her network of cunning lamias and the shapeshifting morphoi. Encounter lost civilizations and their hidden colonies; explore mysterious fog-shrouded islands populated by sharp-toothed, scarred natives; battle epic leviathans of the deep that are rumored to crush villages or swallow whole ships; and gain priceless and unusual treasures!
Backers of Journeys to the West will join lead designer Christina Stiles to:
- Populate and describe the city of Barsella, gateway to the Wine Dark Sea: its high towers and exotic markets flush with strange salvage pulled from sunken ruins and looted from cryptic derelicts.
- Delve into the mysteries of the Isle of Morphoi and the cults of Mnemosyne, whose sorcerer-priestesses wield water and ley-line magic against adventurers, and swiftly leap from port to port as they engineer far-ranging conspiracies in smoky taverns and opulent throne rooms.
- Take to the waves with new ship plans, and master the dangers of the unknown with new traits, feats, spells, incantations, and gear.
- Design unexplored islands where terrifying new monsters are worshiped as sacrifice-loving gods.
- Create haunted, treasure-laden ruins to test the mettle and sanity of fortune-seeking adventurers
Journeys to the West is designed for maximum use in any nautical or edge-of-civilization Pathfinder Roleplaying Game campaign. Backers will participate in brainstorming sessions, and some may add feats, spells, traits, and gear to the book as patron designers.
Curious how patronage projects work? See the Open Design FAQ for details!
As a Crew Member
You gain swift access to the private design forums, the 128-page print sourcebook when it ships, plus full acknowledgement in the credits. In addition, you get:
- An 128-page autographed and numbered print+PDF book
- A PDF ocean chart poster map
- A PDF set of treasure maps. a logbook, secret aboleth glyphs, additional art to show players, deck plans, and other player handouts
- A PDF complete pirate secret society writeup with leaders, monsters, lair, ships, and nefarious plans, a 16-page standalone mini-expansion
- A 16-page PDF standalone mini-adventure at the edge of the world designed by Wolfgang Baur
For a Crew membership, leave the Quantity in the ‘Add to Cart’ field equal to ‘1’.
As a Bosun
As a Bosun you get all the materials and options above, plus:
- Print copies of the ocean chart poster map, player handouts, and 16-page standalone adventure, and
- the opportunity to pitch spells, monsters, and gear.
For a Bosun membership, set the Quantity in the ‘Add to Cart’ field equal to ‘2’.
As a Lieutenant
As a Lieutenant, you get all the Bosun rewards, and you may join the design side of things more directly by pitching and designing your creations. Patrons at the Lieutenant level and above may pitch 6 adventures, 8 monsters, and 8 pirate lords. Successful pitches will turn into fully credited design in the Open Design style.
For a Lieutenant membership, set the Quantity in the ‘Add to Cart’ field equal to ‘4’.
Rally your crew, and hoist the sails! Fantastic voyages await!
Open Design is a trademark of Open Design LLC.
Pathfinder and associated marks and logos are trademarks of Paizo Publishing, LLC, and are used under license. See paizo.com/pathfinderRPG for more information on the Pathfinder Roleplaying Game.