Master 400 New Spells for Fifth Edition
Deep Magic Volume 2 is a sequel to the spell-filled Deep Magic Volume 1 and further expands on that first volume. Volume 2 features over 400 new spells as well as:
- The Witch base class, a spellcaster that communes with and commands the spirits of the natural world
- 19 new subclasses, from the College of Cuisine bard to the Circle of Scavengers druid, to the Oath of the Spellsworn paladin, to the Fey Mage wizard
- 3 new backgrounds to bring your characters to life: Cometborn, Curio Collector, and Storyteller
- 14 styles of spellcasting, such as Dream, Pyromancy, or Weather, to give your spellcaster a distinctive theme with fun, new features
- 15 magical grimoires with unique stories, motifs, and art that are capable of growing in power as the character grows
- 3 new downtime activities for characters who want to do something more than carousing: Enchanting Arms and Armor, Potion Brewing, and Researching Magic
- GM guidance for including epic and legendary magic in games, allowing characters—or villains—to magically shape the world and story
- 10 spellcasting NPCs to help or hinder characters
- Over a dozen tables, from descriptions of magical effects to reverse summoning quests, to the odd effects from drinking an old or badly brewed potion
- 16 adventure site location descriptions and encounter hooks to go along with the 24 Kobold Press Arcane Map Tiles
Like Volume 1, Deep Magic Volume 2 is not just for wizards, warlocks, and sorcerers—or even just players! This volume expands options for almost every spellcasting class, including the new witch base class, and includes plenty of guidance throughout for Game Masters looking to use magic and spells as character rewards, as storytelling devices, and as villainous tools.
Whether you’re a Game Master or player, Deep Magic Volume 2 has something magical in store for you!