A Bridge to Another World
Download the free Midgard Preview with an overview of Midgard, a ravenfolk PC race and sorcerer bloodline, art and maps, and Midgard fiction.
The Midgard Campaign Setting is the culmination of five years of adventures and sourcebooks from Kobold Press. It brings to life a world of dark fantasy drawn from the great European traditions. Here you will find ley lines and deep magic; the Western Waste’s giant, shambling horrors and magic-blasted landscapes; diabolical gnomes and the schemes of immortal Baba Yaga; wild, wind-riding elves and swashbuckling minotaur corsairs; the Mharoti Empire’s lethal assassins and exotic splendors; and the dragon-haunted crags of the icy Northlands.
The Midgard Campaign Setting book includes:
- Pathfinder and AGE System rules for gearforged, kobold, and minotaur PCs
- 26 new backgrounds, 3 new schools of magic and new specialties for AGE System
- New clerical domains including clockwork, moon, hunger and beer
- More than 50 kingdom write-ups, with new feats and traits for each region of Midgard
- New spells, magical items, and incantations
- New gear and weapons unique to the setting
- Ley line magic and the secrets of the shadow roads!
Get these Midgard adventures and sourcebooks in the Kobold Store:
- Midgard Campaign Setting (softcover) — the foundation of the world, for a few less gp
- Midgard Bestiary for Pathfinder , AGE and Dungeons & Dragons 4th edition
- A free Midgard Preview with two short stories and a new PC Race for Pathfinder
- MA2: The Forgotten King’s Tomb for Pathfinder
- Courts of the Shadow Fey for Pathfinder and 4th Edition D&D
- Dark Roads and Golden Hells planar sourcebook
- Imperial Gazetteer for Pathfinder and 4th Edition D&D — the ghoul and vampire lands
- Iron Gazetteer — the dwarven cantons
- Kobold Quarterly magazine years One, Two, Three, Four and Five
- Soldiers of Fortune for 4th Edition
- Streets of Zobeck — nominated for 2012 ENnie Award for Best Adventure
- Sunken Empires — seashore adventures and lost technology
- Tales of the Old Margreve — Midgard meets the Deep Dark Forest
- Zobeck Gazetteer — the Crossroads City
From the Northern fjords to the hidden tombs of the gnolls, from the raven-headed reavers to the ruins of the great mage-kingdoms: all of Midgard is yours.
About The Designers
Wolfgang Baur is the author of the Kobold Guides to Game Design and the designer of Courts of the Shadow Fey, Kingdom of the Ghouls, Fortress of the Stone Giants, Dark*Matter (with Monte Cook), and many others, including foundational work on Planescape, Al-Qadim, and Zobeck. He has contributed creatures great and small to the D&D canon, from the demon lord Doresain in the D&D cosmology to the Shining Children and others in the recent Bestiary 2. He edited Dragon Magazine and Dungeon Adventures and serves as the publisher of Kobold Quarterly. Baur is the creator and keeper of the flame for the Midgard campaign setting.
Jeff Grubb is a legendary world-builder, and has served as one of the co-founders of the Dragonlance and co-creators of the Forgotten Realms campaign settings. He is the author of 15 novels set in the Realms and Dragonlance, StarCraft, WarCraft, Star Wars and Guild Wars. He has written over 30 short stories and essays and over 100 game products of various types and sizes. He likes nothing more than to root around inside a new universe and figures out what makes it tick. He lives in Seattle with his wife and two cats.
Brandon Hodge broke into the field as a designer on Halls of the Mountain King, and followed up with the Open Design/Paizo project From Shore to Sea and Sunken Empires. He has contributed to Bestiary 2 for Pathfinder RPG and wrote Pathfinder Adventure Path #48: Shadows of Gallowspire. Hodge lives in Austin, Texas, where he haunts carnivals and flea markets, searching for the parents who abandoned him to the vagaries of the juvenile justice system. Someday he will return to the hobo tribe that raised him.