Tales of the Valiant: Player’s Guide
Join the Ranks of the Valiant!
Every adventure needs a beginning. Start your own tale in an infinite universe of high fantasy adventure with the Tales of the Valiant Player’s Guide! Within these pages, a trove of knowledge lies ready, waiting for the valiant to claim it!
- Make your own unique and legendary hero with the new Lineage and Heritage system.
- Select Talents and Backgrounds that make your hero truly stand apart.
- Master improved spellcasting and martial abilities to ensure every hero stands tall in a fight!
- Explore new downtime, exploration and social encounter rules to expand your game beyond the dungeon.
- Learn a streamlined, 5E-compatible ruleset with unique mechanics to increase both risk and reward.
Tales of the Valiant is a Black Flag Roleplaying Game from Kobold Press. Gather your friends and journey together across a labyrinth of worlds in search of adventure!
Tales of the Valiant: Monster Vault
All the Monsters You Need for a Valiant Adventure!
The Monster Vault contains over 400 monsters for the Tales of the Valiant roleplaying game and all the guidance you need as a Game Master to run encounters with those monsters!
In this book, you’ll find:
- Classic fantasy monsters, such as ogres, dragons, water elementals, and giants.
- New monsters suitable for any fantasy or science fantasy world, such as ambush hags, virtuoso liches,
fey guardians, mechadrons, and robots.
- New terrors from the ever-corrupting Void, such as voidlings, star crows, crimson jellies, and the mighty void dragon.
The Monster Vault also contains all the information a Game Master needs to create encounters with monsters, including monster roles and tactics, and it includes optional rules for Game Master Doom points and for characters wanting to harvest monsters for unique crafting and spell components.