Fear the Red Eye of Azathoth!
Kings die, nations crumble, and madness trails in the fiery wake of a comet called The Red Eye of Azathoth. Do you have what it takes to battle across history against the Mythos horrors that surface under its lurid glow?
• 887 AD, Holy Island, English Northumbria – As blood rain falls and the dead rise, Viking invaders and English monks must join forces or perish in a Lovecraftian nightmare.
• 1287 AD, Iwaizumi, Japan – Snowbound Samurai must unearth what lies behind the village where babies cannot cry and an abomination hangs lanterns that shriek with a thousand voices.
• 1487 AD, Valencia, Spain – Heretics must escape torture, prison, and the clutches of angels to expose the Spanish Inquisition’s true purpose.
• 1587 AD, Roanoke Colony, The New World – Colonists face flayed horrors that hammer on stretched-skin drums to reveal whose knife dug CROATOAN into the Lost Colony’s tree.
• 1887 AD, Desperation, Arizona Territory – In the series’ explosive magic-and-gunpowder climax, condemned gunfighters unravel the last skeins of the millennium-spanning mystery and stand alone against the full Mythos horror of The Red Eye of Azathoth!
Ia! Ia! Take your players to the mad reaches of our past and into epic horror, complete with player handouts, new adversaries, and pregenerated Investigators for each time period. Five linked Call of Cthulhu adventures by Chad Bowser, Tim and Eileen Connors, Andi Newton, Ted Reed, and Michael Furlanetto to make even strong investigators tremble!
Open Design’s History of Excellence
- 2008 Diana Jones Award for Excellence in Gaming
- 2009 Silver ENnie Award for Best Electronic Book