Winner of the 2012 Origins Award
Pull up a chair and see how the world’s top game designers roll.
You want your games to be many things: Creative. Innovative. Playable. Fun. If you’re a designer, add “published” to that list.
The Kobold Guide to Board Game Design gives you an insider’s view on how to make a game that people will want to play again and again. Author Mike Selinker (Betrayal at House on the Hill) has invited some of the world’s most talented and experienced game designers to share their secrets on game conception, design, development, and presentation. In these pages, you’ll learn about storyboarding, balancing, prototyping, and playtesting from the best in the business.
Featuring a cover and interior art by John Kovalic, the books 15 contributors include:
- Richard Garfield (Magic: The Gathering)
- Steve Jackson (Munchkin)
- Dale Yu (Dominion)
- James Ernest (Kill Doctor Lucky)
- Lisa Steenson (Redneck Life)
- Rob Daviau (Risk: Pacific)
- Matt Forbeck (Space Hulk: Genestealer)
- Dave Howell (Lamarckian Poker)
- Richard C. Levy (Furby)
- Andrew Looney (Fluxx)
- Michelle Nephew (Ren Faire)
- Paul Peterson (Harry Potter TCG, Guillotine)
- Mike Selinker (Lords of Vegas)
- Jeff Tidball (Horus Heresy, World of Warcraft Adventure Game)
- Teeuwynn Woodruff (Betrayal at House on the Hill)
Whether you’re a game enthusiast who wants a deeper understanding of the hobby, an aspiring designer looking to break into the industry, or a seasoned pro who knows there’s always more to learn, there’s something for you in the Kobold Guide to Board Game Design.
P.S. Check out the ultimate RPG design book, the Complete Kobold Guide to Game Design!