Kobold Guide to Game Design, Vol. 2
Posted In Articles, Front Page, Uncategorized | 0 comments
The first KOBOLD Guide to Game Design was a sleeper hit, compiling advice from Wolfgang Baur, Ed Greenwood, and Nicolas Logue on how to think about different genres, how to improve your game as a DM, how to make a setting come alive, and how to use design compression to strengthen your work.
And the second volume has now been announced for preorders, and it is even better.
This volume contains more than a dozen crucial essays to help you succeed in freelancing, playtest, and publication, including:
Got a topic you’d like to see? Let us know! Want to see some of the essays before they are collected? Become a patron of Open Design today.
- The Art of the Pitch
- Challenging Players
- Freelance Discipline, AKA Talent Won’t Save You
- How to Run a Playtest with Real Results
- Design From the Bottom Up
- What Playtest Teaches You
- Mystery Adventures
- Creating Play Depth
- How NOT to Design a Magic Item
- Fortunate Accidents
- How to Make Your Design Matter
- How to Sell Designs and Influence Editors