In honor of Kobold Quarterly’s landmark 10th issue, here is a list reflecting on the best things about this fine magazine.
10. It’s like 10,000 spoons when you need 10,000 spoons.
9. If not for his KQ editorial duties, Wolfgang Baur would be free to walk the Earth.
8. The Ecology articles give you insight into the home life, past times, thoughts, and dreams of monsters you’ve killed by the thousands.
7. It’s much easier to hide a PDF subscription from your wife (although harder to read in a bath).
6. You know how Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back reunited Carrie Fisher and Mark Hamill for the first time since Return of the Jedi, even though they weren’t in the same scene? Every issue of Kobold Quarterly reunites Monte Cook and Skip Williams in the same way.
5. So specific, it can tell the difference between a Pathfinder article and a D&D 3.5 article.
4. You never know how many pages the next issue’s going to be.
3. Thanks to Kiefer Sutherland’s popular 24 character, there is no part of Wolfgang Baur’s name that isn’t cool.
2. The title lets you know how often it releases each year. Handy!
1. Deep down, we all find kobolds more interesting than dragons.